Families are receiving insufficient support in caring for their loved ones. Currently, a health crisis has the potential to financially destabilize a family through the costs of healthcare and lost wages of workers who must tend to their loved ones. We need a paid family and medical leave program that will sustain a family member who takes a leave of absence from the workforce. We must make childcare and elder care into services that are affordable for everyday people.
- Support passage of Medicare for All legislation that provides healthcare for everyone
- Advocate for short-term solutions for healthcare such as expansion of Medicaid, funding for CHIP, regulation of drug prices, and moving hospitals away from nickel-and-dime pricing of treatment and towards value-based care.
- Demand our legislature passes a Paid Family and Medical Leave Insurance (PFMLI) program that pays at least 70% of a workers’ wages while on leave, with a sliding scale beginning at 100%
- Support increased funding for subsidized childcare, making it affordable for low-income families
- Support increased funding and reimbursement rates for childcare and elder care providers so caregivers are guaranteed a fair wage, which will improve quality of service