We cannot incarcerate our way out of this problem. Rather than criminalizing drug use and sentencing users to prison, we must treat addiction as a health issue and provide necessary treatment for those who desire it.
- Support full decriminalization and legalization of marijuana, vacating of past convictions for marijuana offenses, and prioritizing those impacted by past criminalization when establishing medical and recreational dispensaries
- Advocate for prioritizing diversion programs over incarceration for drug offenses
- Work to pass legislation reclassifying most other drug-related offenses to misdemeanors
- Fight for legislation expanding access to Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Demand that Naloxone distribution and training programs are established in every county