Unions are the backbone of our city and union workers are the heartbeat of our economy. When unions have power, workers see our paychecks go up and our rights respected. We know that when union membership in America is high, inequality is low and we all thrive. As State Representative I will fight alongside unions every single time and will continue to support workers fighting to form unions in their own workplace.
In Philadelphia and across our state, we give huge tax breaks to the 1% who pay less in taxes here than in almost every neighboring state. We must make the richest in our society pay their fair share, and use that money to fix our schools,transform our energy infrastructure, and secure resources for our communities where the state has cut funding and left us to struggle to make ends meet.
- Fight for a minimum wage of at least $15 an hour with automatic increases tied to the cost of living.
- Impose a wealth tax on the elites in Pennsylvania to fix our schools and transform our energy infrastructure.
- Oppose any legislation that will make it harder for unions and workers to organize in their workplace.
- Oppose any legislation that gives tax breaks to corporations and the financial elite.
- End wage theft, workplace discrimination, and demand equal pay for equal work.
- Demand our state invests in creating good union jobs for long term projects such as rebuilding our roads and bridges and transforming our infrastructure under a Green New Deal.